Full Itinerary of Humantay Lake tour from Cusco
The Humantay Lake Tour is the perfect way to see one of Peru’s most beautiful places. This tour takes you to the stunning Humantay Lake in the Salkantay Mountain region. The lake is nestled in the Andes Mountains, making it a truly unique and breathtaking sight.
Come and explore one of the most beautiful lakes in Peru on our full-day Humantay Lake tour! This stunning lake is located in the heart of the Andes Mountains at an altitude of 4,200 meters. It is a truly magical place, with crystal clear water and amazing views. Our experienced guides will take you on a hike to the lake, where you can hike around, relax and enjoy the incredible scenery.
After spending some time at the lake, you’ll head back down the mountain and enjoy a delicious picnic lunch before returning to your hotel in Cusco. This is a great option for those who want to see more of Cusco’s natural beauty and don’t mind a little bit of hiking. The tour includes round-trip transportation from your hotel, so you only need to show up and enjoy the day.
- Location: Soraypampa, about 100 km(62 miles) from Cusco.
- Maximum Altitude: 4,200 m (13,779 ft).
- Driving by car: 6 hours round trip
- Hiking distance: Around 10 kilometers (6.2 miles).
- Duration of hike: Around 4 hours
- Difficulty: Moderately challenging
- Duration of the tour: Full-day from Cusco (4:30 am to 6:30 pm)
- Best Season: April to December
- Book with Confidence and Flexibility
- Spend a full day exploring the turquoise water lake
- Enjoy the amazing view of the mountains, flora, and fauna
- Enjoy delicious picnic meals prepared with local products.
Humantay Lake tour at a Glance!
We will pick you up from your hotel around 4:30 am and drive in our comfortable vans for 3 hours to Soraypampa, where you will enjoy a picnic breakfast with a stunning view of the Salkantay and Humantay mountains.
After enjoying a delicious breakfast prepared by our trekking chefs, you will start a 2-hour hike up to Humantay Lake (4,200 m – 13,779 ft), located at the base of a mountain with the same name. You can also rent horses from locals.
Upon arriving at the lake, you will have time to explore the surroundings and relax with the fantastic views of the mountains. Enjoy the local flora, native birds, and magnificent mountain peaks.
Next, you will hike for 1 hour to our lunch place at Soraypampa. Our chefs will prepare a variety of Peruvian dishes in a buffet style. Later take our private van back to Cusco, arriving at your hotel around 6:00 pm.
Humantay Lake Tour 1 Day hike
Itinerary of the Humantay Lagoon Tour in 1 day
This day begins with the pick up from your hotel between 4:30 to 5:00 am, we will board our mobility to travel to the north west of the city of Cusco, to the town of Mollepata this trip shows the lush valley of the Apurimac River.
In this small and picturesque town we will have a well-deserved breakfast to fill us with energy, then we will continue our journey to the starting point of the hike the town of Soraypampa which is at an altitude of 3,900 m.a.s.l. after a short rest, we will begin our journey towards the Humantay Lake located at an altitude of 4,180 m.a.s.l. or 13,779 feet, we will have the opportunity to enjoy the view of the Apurimac River. m or 13,779 feet, after the ascent of 1 hour 20 min approximately we will be able to appreciate the wonderful landscape, after the explanation of our guide and take pictures of souvenir we will have time to enjoy the place and return to our camp to have our lunch with beautiful panoramic views of the snowy peaks and then will be transferred to the city of Cusco.
Humantay Lake Included:
- Pick up from your hotel (your hotel must be near the main square of Cusco, otherwise we will coordinate a meeting point).
- Professional guide.
- Tourist transportation from Cusco to Soraypampa.
- Breakfast, lunch.
- Entrance fee to the Humantay Lagoon Cusco.
- First aid kit.
Humantay Lake Not Included:
- Hotel in Cusco.
- Horse rental. ($/28 dollars)
- Other services not mentioned.
Before You Go
- Original passport
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- A warm jacket
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Sun hat
- Sun block
- Personal medication
PRICE: US$ 00.00 Per persona
Humantay Lake Full Day