Ausangate Trek To Rainbow Mountain in 2 Days
DAY 1: CUSCO – VINICUNCA RAINBOW MOUNTAIN.
We will begin our incredible journey early in the morning when we collect you from your hotel. We will then head off to the Vilcanota valley, passing through different picturesque villages along the way, until we arrive at the village of Cusipata, Here, we will enjoy a delicious breakfast, always adhering to the strict health and safety protocols in place. After breakfast, we will continue for 40 minutes to the trailhead where we will start to ascend gradually for 2 hours until we arrive at the Vinicunca viewpoint at 5050m. Once we have reached the summit of the mountain, you will be able to appreciate this natural marvel of mother nature, formed over millions of years.
After being able to enjoy the incredible geology of Vinicunca mountain and explore the surrounding area, we will start our descent of 1 hour towards our waiting vehicle. We will then have a delicious lunch break. We will then continue our 3-hour drive to the village of Pacchanta, at the foot of the Apu Ausangate. After we have settled into our lodgings for the evening, we will enjoy our dinner next to an earthenware stove and be able to appreciate the starry night and distant galaxies in all their splendour.
- Walking Distance: 10km/ 6,21 miles.
- hiking hour: 5 hours roughly.
- Difficulty: Difficult.
- Campsite Elevation: 4,700 meters / 15,419 feet.
- Accommodation: Mountain Huts.
DAY 2: CIRCUIT OF THE SEVEN LAGOONS – PACCHANTA – CUSCO
We will begin our day bright and early with a hearty breakfast and watch the sunrise over the Andes. We will then head off on the ascent to the seven lagoons, where you will discover some of the wonders of mother nature in all their glory. After hiking for 3.5 hours, we will arrive at the viewpoint of the seven lagoons where we will be able to appreciate the snow-peaks and glaciers surrounding us. Around every corner, there will be a new discovery on this magical Ausangate hike, where you can find inner peace and be at one with nature. The wildlife here is abundant with the native chinchillas, vicuñas and local birds as your company for the duration of your trip and always in the shadow of the sacred Ausangate mountain.
After we have spent some time enjoying this spectacular place, we will begin our descent through the valley of Comercocha and returning to our lodgings where a delicious lunch will await us. In the afternoon we can visit the thermal springs of Pacchanta before we take our car back to the city of Cusco. This will be the end of your rainbow mountain tour.
- Walking Distance: 9 km/ 5,59 miles.
- hiking hour: 4 hours roughly.
- Difficulty: Moderate – Difficult.
Ausangate Trek 2 Days Lagoons Included:
- Private transport.
- Official guide.
- Meals throughout this rainbow mountain itinerary that are mentioned above.
- Entrance tickets to the Ausangate circuit and Rainbow mountain.
- First Aid kit.
- Oxygen tank
- Trekking poles
- Sanitary protocols
Ausangate Trek 2 Days Lagoons Not Included:
- Entrance to the hot springs (S/5.00 soles)
- Extra drinks.
What To Bring
- 4 disposable face masks.
- Sun Protection.
- Alcohol gel
- Thermals for the evening
- Extra cash in Soles and small denominations.
- Bathing suit, towel and sandals for the hot springs.
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Toilet paper
- Day pack with the following:
- Rain poncho
- Refillable water bottle/camel pack.
- Torch/ headlamp
- Extra Batteries
To get the most out of your Rainbow mountain tour, please take into account the following recommendations:
- It is NOT recommended to do this trip if you have any flu-like symptoms a cold, cough or fever. Even the slightest symptom can get complicated at this elevation and may seriously affect your health.
- If you have suffered from Covid 19, you need to have authorisation from your Doctor.
- It is important to carry a facemask and replacement masks with you at all times. There are NO pharmacies along the route.
- You should have at least three days’ acclimatisation in Cusco or a similar altitude prior to the trip. Use these days to do activities such as short hikes and a variety of activities in Cusco to make the most of your time. Ask us for recommended activities.
- Pack warm clothes. Due to the altitude, night-time temperatures on the Ausangate mountain, often get below freezing.
- Weather in the Ausangate rainbow mountain area, is incredibly changeable, always bring clothes for all types of weather.
PRICE: US$ 00.00 Per person
Tour in consultation Ausangate Trek 2 Days Lagoons
Don’t forget wáter!. Drinking lots of water will help with the altitude. We advise bringing at least 2 liters per person on the hike with you and have an extra bottle to leave in the van for when you get back.
We skip the crowds!— Everybody else goes to Rainbow Mountain at the same time. That means they’re all up at the top at the same time. There is only one spot to take the classical picture of the Rainbow Mountain(Vinicunca) and it wouldn’t be pleased with a huge crowd of people. Since we leave from Cusco at 02:15 am. You will get the Rainbow Mountain before the crowd.
Our guide always oxygen tanks which are important as you get over 5040 meters/16,500 feet above sea level! Not all travel agencies offer this, so this is definitely something to look out for when choosing the best Rainbow Mountain tour operator.
The best time to visit the Rainbow Mountain is going to be in the morning or evening hours, either right after sunrise, or right before sunset.
The hike to the top is no joke. Constantly changing weather conditions, combined with high altitude, can be a challenge for experienced hikers. But if done right it’s manageable even for those who don’t hike much.
When you go to the Plaza de Armas in Cusco, you’ll find tons of agencies that offer this same tour “cheap” but remember: you get what you pay for. In many cases, some agencies may charge much less but will send you on a tour where the groups are 25, 35 more tourists and one guide. We offer our exclusive service tour where the minimum is 2 and the maximum is 8 people per group.
Make sure you are acclimatized to Cusco’s altitude before you set off on your hike to the Rainbow Mountain. This is by far the best insurance for a smooth and enjoyable trip. We recommend you spend at least 3 days in Cusco prior to the excursion.
Go to sleep early and try to avoid drinking or partying the night before, because We will pick you up at 02:15 am and the physically challenging trek will be much more bearable without a hangover.
If you have altitude sickness symptoms, descend as quickly as you can. It’s nothing to mess around with.
Try to go all the way to the viewpoint. You get a 360° view not just a rainbow Mountain, but of the nearby glacier and a gorgeous valley in the other direction. We think most people didn’t realize what they were missing by not going all the way up.
If you are going to Machu Picchu the day before your trip to the Rainbow Mountain, tell your travel company to book your return train ticket early.
Don’t go to the Rainbow Mountain in the afternoon in the rainy season because of lighting. Since the high concentration of mineral. There is a high chance to get stricken by lighting.
Higher elevation also means colder, nearly freezing temperatures, so be prepared. Whether you decide to take a one-day tour, make sure to wear very warm clothes. Also bring coca leaves to fight off altitude sickness and carry the minimum gear possible to ease the hike.